What do you want to say?
The memorials you see at Forest Lawn – grand or modest, humble or ornate – are tributes. They say I love you, and we will never forget you.
At Forest Lawn, a memorial may be as simple as a name and date inscribed on a block of granite. Or it can be a sculpture commissioned by an artist whose pieces are exhibited around the world.
Unlike other cemeteries (which often restrict your choices to standard “cookie cutter” monuments or flat square or rectangular markers) Forest Lawn is designed around the natural landscape. That’s why we encourage you to add to the beauty of Forest Lawn, and create a beautiful memorial that represents you and your life. We do require that materials used outdoors must obviously be durable and weather-resistant, as well as conform to other policies available at the Forest Lawn office.
Here are just a few of the memorials that people have chosen at Forest Lawn:
- A traditional stone, in any size or shape, either rising above ground or at lawn level
- A bronze plaque
- A favorite plant or tree
- A flower garden
- A bronze leaf in our chapel
- A boulder
- A stone bench
- The Memorial Walk – a meandering path near the lake, where individual stone markers serve as memorials
- Commissioned sculptures made from bronze, stainless steel, fiberglass and other materials (we have artists with whom we work on a regular basis)
- Private buildings
(Lays flat on Ground)
(No Base Exposed)
(The top piece is called the Die, and the bottom piece, the Base)
Please be advised there is a concrete foundation fee for all memorials and for upright memorials there will be a one-time maintenance fee.
- Colorization on any memorial is prohibited.
- Urns affixed to monuments are not allowed without a trust fund.
- Removable urns can be placed April 1st and must be removed by October 1st.
Note: The type of memorial allowed is dependent on the size, location, and memorial designation of the lot.
To learn more about memorial options, please call one of our Family Service Representatives at (716) 885-1600, or email email@example.com.