Dedicated to God, family and country.
October 15, 2008 - An acquisition, approved by the New York State Division of Cemeteries and New York State Supreme Court, has been announced of St. Matthew's Cemetery of 180 French Road, West Seneca; by The Forest Lawn Group of Cemeteries: Forest Lawn on Delaware Avenue in Buffalo; Lakeside Cemetery on Camp Road in Hamburg; and Williamsville Cemetery on Main Street, Amherst. This announcement was made today by Joseph P. Dispenza, President of The Forest Lawn Group.
"We are pleased to work with the professionals at St. Matthew's," stated Dispenza. "Their peerless service to all faiths is inspiring.” Nondenominational St. Matthew's was founded in 1875. Forest Lawn was founded in 1849. Lakeside dates to 1896, and Williamsville's first interment was in 1810. All four cemeteries will continue to offer the finest in perpetual care, as well as the most options for burial or cremation in Western New York."
The transition will be seamless as St. Matthew’s Administrative, Perpetual Care and Interment Services staff will remain.
St. Matthew's is probably best known for its beautifully designed burial gardens such as Saints Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, Paul, Philip, James, Mary and others. Its beautiful modern chapel seats 75.
The first burial at St. Matthew's was in 1875.